The Bikram Yoga series is most well known for its medicinal value and ability to normalize the body's systems and functions. As with other styles of yoga, practitioners all become more flexible, which is key for preventing injuries outside of the room, especially for athletes. It also normalizes weight by helping to build muscle, burn fat and regulate your metabolism. Below are additional benefits commonly experienced by practitioners.
- improved sleep (including needing less of it!)
- increased core strength and balance
- relief from accute and/ or chronic pain, especially back and joint
- glowing, clear skin
- increased endurance
- decreased stress, increased ability to deal with stressors
- normalizes blood pressure
- lean, toned muscles
- heals old injuries, breaks up scar tissue
- strengthens the immune system
Same postures, same order, every class.
Each time you come to class it will be the same 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises done in the same order. This provides you with a chance to work on and improve your postures each time you come to class. The more regularly you come the better your alignment and technique will be. You will maximize your medical benefit and it's never boring because your body and understanding of the postures is always changing.