As a physician, I know that your yoga practice space must first and foremost be healthy.
— Ralph Newman, M.D., Studio Founder
We are proud to play a vibrant role in the Golden Belt Arts LEED certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design). From floor to ceiling, our studio embraces the values and spirit of sustainable, LEED construction — while maintaining the look and feel of this beautiful, historic building.
Our heating and air purification systems are engineered to create a superb place for you to practice Bikram yoga, with the least possible impact on the environment. Our construction emphasizes reuse of the existing building, a dedication to the use of non-toxic materials, and environmentally friendly energy sources.
ancient practice meets cutting edge technology
The air, heat, and cleanliness of a yoga studio, no matter how simple or luxurious, dramatically affect your practice experience and your overall health. Our practice room incorporates the best available technology and environmental control systems.
- Ultraviolet air treatment systems are built into our air circulation system to ensure you are always breathing fresh, bacteria-free air.
- Our practice room is fiber-free! We are proud to feature Forbo flooring in our practice room. This hygienic floor has anti-microbial, anti-bacterial treatment to protect against bacteria, including MRSA, E-coli and the development of dust mites.
- Heating system monitored from 5 separate locations guarantees even heat-humidity throughout the practice room.
- Nightly air purification of the practice room with an ozone machine.
- Free secure lockers, vanity stations with hairdryers, and complimentary toiletries.
- Help us become plastics-free and use six free-filtered water faucets throughout the studio.
- PVC-free yoga mats for rent or purchase.
See Gallery of Our Studio----> Bikramdurham Studio Gallery